MS Doosras vs MS Bouncers
Sunday, April 29th, 2012, Marymoor Park
Match: MS Doosras won by 38 runs
• Doosras won the toss and elected to bat
• Iqbal struck a quick blow to remove Keshav on 2
• Through a series of decent partnerships Nikhil, Avinsash, Vijay and Srikanth took the score to 118 for 4 in 17.5 overs.
• MS Doosras finished with 137 in their 20 overs.
• Bouncers started shakily and lost both Bharath and Vish before the team reached double figures.
• Vasanth and Hitesh put on a terrific fight and looked to taking the game to a close finish with a 50 run partnership.
• Keshav stuck twice in an over to remove both well set batsmen in consecutive balls after which the score read 58 for 4 in 10 overs.
• The rest of Bouncers collapsed in a heap except Akshaya and Iqbal who put up a great fight in the end hitting a couple of well-timed boundaries. Bouncers ended up a run short of 100 to give Doosras their first intra-MSCC win for the season.
MSCC Doosras: 137/6 in 20 oversBatting highlights: Vijay 39(28), Avinash 33(30),Srikant 26(29)Bowling highlights: akshay arrora 4-0-27-2, John 4-0-24-1, Iqbal 3.2-0-34-1MS bouncers: 99 for 9 in 20 oversBatting highlights: siva Vasanth 28(28), hitesh 15(29)Bowling highlights: Keshav 4-0-19-2, Saurabh 2-0-5-2
Seattle Patriots won by 6 runs
Seattle patriots made 139
Pacific Sounders – 133
King County Kings won by 5 wickets
Pacific Sounders - 106/8 in19 overs
King county Kings - 107/5 in 18 overs
Munshi magic keeps MSCC Slashers unbeaten
Sunday, April 29th, 2012
MSCC Slashers won by 5 wickets
St Edwards Park, Bothell, WA
Toss won by MSCC Slashers
Olympic Hurricanes: 85 all out in 19 overs
Batting highlights: Mahesh Thiagarajan 15 (16 balls, 1x4, 1x6)
Bowling highlights: Rajesh Munshi (4ovrs, 14runs, 5wkts), Harish/Raghu/Samarth/Naveen 1 wkt each
Seattle Patriots: 86 for 5 in 19 overs
Batting highlights: Samarth Shah 26 (37balls, 1x4, 1x6), Aseem Datar 17 (32 balls), Naveen Kumar 19* (21 balls)
Bowling highlights: Sanjay Rama (4ovrs, 11runs, 2 wkts), Kamesh/Lovekesh 1 wkt each
Man of the match: Rajesh Munshi from MSCC Slashers
• Battle of 2 unbeaten teams on a cloudy day. Slashers won the toss and gambled on chasing, since they had only chased once before, and that too stumbled badly chasing 60-odd.
• Pradeep was caught by Naveen off Harish early. Mahesh Thiagarajan kept the tempo up, in the company of Chenchuram. He hit a lofted on-drive for four, and pulled a loosener from Munshi for six.
• Then the Munshi magic began. Mahesh was caught behind trying to cut the very next ball. Chenchuram was clean bowled by a beauty. Sanjay Rama was caught by Arvind Krishnan at short extra-cover.
• Raghu kept a tight leash on the other end. He had Lovekesh dropped behind the wickets, but soon trapped him LBW.
• Munshi got Kalyan and rounded off his 5-fer by having Radha caught brilliantly at long-off by Srini, diving forward.
• Naveen got Prithvi bowled, Mahesh was run-out by a direct hit from Deepak, and Kamesh was stumped by Deepak off Samarth to leave OCC 85 all out in 19 overs. Murthy was dropped a couple of times, but remained unbeaten on 11.
• Slashers innings was off to a rocky start with Omer run-out first ball, taking on Mahesh Thiagarajan, the swiftest of the OCC fielders. Samarth and Aseem played out a couple of anxious overs, before accelerating. Samarth swung a six high over square-leg and cover-drove a boundary. They added 45 runs in 10 overs before Samarth was caught behind for 26 by Pradeep off Sanjay. Raghu and Aseem survived a couple of chances but continued making inroads into the target. Srini was adjudged LBW to Kamesh, leaving the finishing touches to Naveen and Aravindh. Naveen clinically achieved the target in easy ones and twos.
• Rajesh Munshi was declared man-of-the-match for his irresistible spell. He now has 15 wickets from just 4 games played!
OCC Hurricanes beat MS Doosras to register their third consecutive win
Saturday, April 28, 2012
Match: OCC Hurricanes win by 9 runs
Toss won by OCC Hurricanes who elected to bat
St Edwards State Park, Bothell
OCC Hurricanes: 133 for 9 in 20 overs
Batting highlights: Sanjay Rama 34(19), Radhakrishna Yalamanchili 28(29)
Bowling highlights: Rohit 3-0-19-4, Adhithya 3-0-32-2
MS Doosras: 124 for 8 in 20 overs
Batting highlights: Saurabh 31(22), Ravi 13(27)
Bowling highlights: Kamesh 4-0-14-3, Sanjay 4-0-14-1
- OCC won the toss and elected to bat first on a dry St Edwards Pitch
- Chenchu and Pradeep opened the batting for OCC while Akshay and Adhithya took the new ball for the Doosras.
- OCC started off well, but quickly lost 3 wickets against some tight bowling to end up at 24 for 3 when Sanjay joined Kalyan at the middle.
- Both of them batted sensibly and took some calculated risks to up the scoring rate with some well stuck sixers and boundaries.
- Radha and Rajiv who came in later also stuck some good blows and kept the scoring running along, and the Hurricanes ended up with 133 on the board.
- Doosras started steadily with Rohit and Srikanth batting sensibly against some sharp new ball bowling by Rajiv and Kamesh.
- But the Doosras started losing regular wickets against tight bowling by the Hurricanes and were always behind the required rate.
- Saurabh and Ravi tried to give a late push to the scoring, but ended up in vain, with the Doosras ending 9 runs short.
Sanjay was declared Man of the Match for his allround performance with both bat and the ball.