Week 1 Summaries: T-20 Division A Game Summaries - 4/14 & 4/15 weekend Week 2 Summaries: T-20 Division A Game Summaries - 4/21 & 4/22 weekend Week 3 Summaries: T-20 Division A Game Summaries - 4/28 & 4/29 Weekend CURRENT Week - Game Summaries :MSCC Slashers defeat MSCC Bouncers by 5 wickets
Saturday, May 5th, 2012
MSCC Slashers won by 5 wickets
Marymoor Park, Redmond, WA
Toss won by MSCC Bouncers
MSCC Bouncers: 104 for 8 in 20 overs
Batting highlights: Vikrant Minhas 38 (32), Siva Vasanth 21 (39)
Bowling highlights: Aseem Datar 3/23, Omer Malik 2/10
MSCC Slashers: 105 for 5 in 18.5 overs
Batting highlights: Deepak Rajendran 27 (43), Naveen Kumar 25* (20), Omer Malik 21 (34), Arvind Krishnan 15 (10)
Bowling highlights: Sairam Kandambhattu 3/16, Neeraj Sharma 1/19
Man of the match: Omer Malik and Deepak Rajendran from MSCC Slashers
· With all 4 spinners absent, Slashers once again scrambled to find XI, with Rajesh Ganesan filling in at the last minute. They opened the bowling with Naveen and Omer. Naveen started waywardly, but Omer struck removing both Bouncers’ openers.
· Vikrant and Siva put on 71 in just 10 overs, the highlight being 2 sixes from Vikrant. But they were out in successive balls, to Aseem Datar, and Bouncers could add only 21 in remaining 6 overs, with a steady stream of wickets. Aseem finished with 3/23.
· Slashers started steadily with Omer and Deepak adding 49 in 11 overs. But they lost 4 wickets in the span of 3 overs, for just 12 runs, leaving a pressure-filled target of 44 to win in just 6 overs. Sairam Kandambhattu bowled a magical spell, getting Ashwin Karuhatty, Deepak Rajendran, and Nishant Issar all bowled.
· The experience of Naveen, Arvind Krishnan, and skipper Srinivasa Raghavan however ensured the target was met. All 3 scored at faster than run-a-ball, with Arvind hitting 2 sixes and Naveen hitting one.
MSCC Slashers sail past MSCC Doosras to march into 5th consecutive semi-final
Sunday, May 6th, 2012
MSCC Slashers won by 17 runs
Toss won by MSCC Slashers
MSCC Slashers: 116 for 8 in 20 overs
Batting highlights: Ashwin Karuhatty 20 (15), Naveen Kumar 20 (29), Arun Jayakeerthy 19 (28)
Bowling highlights: Rohit Mahale 2/14, Ravi Bhayankaram 2/18, Srikanth Sundaragopalan 2/21
MSCC Doosras: 99 for 6 in 20 overs
Batting highlights: Srikanth Sundaragopalan 33 (41), Sanjay Tiku 19* (12)
Bowling highlights: Samarth Shah 1/11, Ashwin Karuhatty 1/12, Raghu Kanchikeri 1/18, Rajesh Munshi 1/19
Man of the match: Naveen Kumar from MSCC Slashers (for his 20 runs with the bat, economical bowling & a crucial catch)
· Doosras were hampered by the absence of Saurabh, Keshav, and Nikhil. For Slashers, Ashwin Karuhatty started in blazing fashion. The pick of his shots was a square-cut six over point.
· The twin first-change combination of Rohit Mahale and Ravi Bhayankaram, coupled with magnificent fielding, pulled the momentum back for Doosras. Ashwin was bowled by Ravi, Arun Jayakeerthy was caught at square-leg via a stunning catch from Dhananjay Tripathi, running backwards, and putting in a full-length dive. Rohit had Aravindh Sundaragopalan caught-and-bowled. The bowling and fielding was a class apart, to have batsmen of the caliber of Naveen Kumar and Srinivasa Raghavan tied down.
· Nishant Issar played and missed a few times, but also struck a couple of meaty blows to increase the run-rate, in the company of Raghu Kanchikeri and Aseem Datar. Deepak Rajendran hit a 6 off the last ball of the innings, but Doosras had done extremely well to restrict Slashers to just 116.
· Srikanth and Rohit opened the batting for Doosras and the left-right combination ran aggressively between wickets. But Srinivasa Raghavan and Raghu Kanchikeri kept things very tight, so Doosras were always behind the required run-rate. Rohit was caught-and-bowled by Raghu, Srikanth counter-punched with a 4 and a 6, Slashers bowlers Samarth and Naveen responded with 3 tight overs, in a hard-fought phase of the innings.
· A blistering pull shot by Vijay of Munshi was caught by Naveen on the midwicket boundary, and in the next over Srikanth was run-out in a mix-up with Avinash. The asking rate had climbed to 9 per over, and with the set batsmen out, Doosras were out of the game.
· The remaining batsmen fought hard and scored at a run-a-ball for the last 6 overs, but Slashers came out on top by 17 runs.
· With this win, MSCC Slashers are guaranteed a spot in the semi-final, the only team in NWCL history to make Navaal Ramdin T20 semi-finals in all 5 years of the tournament.
MS Doosars Vs Redmond Knights
Saturday May 5 2012
Result: Ms Doosras won by 15 runs
· Knights won the toss and elected to field.
· Doosras had 2 quick blows with keshav & srikanth back to the pavillion in 1 & 3 overs respectively by knights bowler gautham with the score at 4.
· Nikhil and Ravi balanced the innings with steady partnerships.
· It was tough playing conditions (wet) and the Doosras ended with 90/9 for 20 overs
· The Knights off to a shaky start with Thomas bowling venkata in the 2’nd over with score at 6
· Nilesh steadied the innings almost staying till the end but frequently wickets and steady bowling/fielding made things tuff with an asking rate of 8 an over.
· Off spinner Nikhil from the Doosras came in and demolished through the kinght’s middle/lower order to clean them up at a score of 76.
MSCC Doosras: 90/10 in 20 overs
Batting Highlights – Nikhil 30 in 40 balls / Ravi 21 in 18 Balls
Bowling Highlights – Nikhil 2.2-0-7-4 / Thomas 4-0-9-2
Redmond Knights: 76/10 in 19.2 Overs
Batting Highlights – Nilesh 34 in 41 balls
Bowling Highlights – Rajeevb 3-0-20-3 / gauthamK 4-1-11-2 / anuragK 4-0-9-2
Olympic Hurricanes beat United Punjabis by 14 runs
Result: OCC Hurricanes won by 14 runs
· Hurricanes won the toss and elected to bat first
· Pradeep and Chenchu opened the innings yet again and looked comfortable for the first few overs before Mubarak Ali stuck a double blow getting rid of the openers.
· United Punjabis bowlers kept bowling a tight line and length, pegging away wickets at regular intervals.
· Lovekesh Desai of OCC was the only batsman that showed some resistance and scored a useful knock of 31 runs.
· Mubarak Ali and Pavel Verma bowled well along with other bowlers, Mubarak was the best of the pack and deservingly had a 5-fer to restrict OCC to 112 in their 20 overs.
· Varinder Singh of United Punjabis was the only batsman that offered some resistance but OCC bowlers bowled superbly to clinch a victory, Radha and Sanjay picked up 3 wickets apiece.
· Lovekesh Desai was declared the MoM for his all-round performance.
Olympic Hurricanes: 112/10 in 20 overs
Batting Highlights – Lovekesh 31 of 29 balls
Bowling Highlights – Mubarak Ali 5/14; Pavel Verma 3/25
United Punjabis: 98/9 in 20 Overs
Batting Highlights – Varinder Singh 28 runs of 31 balls
Bowling Highlights – Radha 3/15; Sanjay 3/17
Olympic Hurricanes hold the nerve in a tight finish against Pacific Sounders
Sunday May 6 2012
Result: OCC Hurricanes won by 2 wickets
· Hurricanes won the toss and elected to field first
· Rajiv and Kamesh opened the bowling and were on the spot from the first ball, giving nothing to the openers. Sounders started very slow, thanks to great bowling from Rajiv, Kamesh, CPR, Lovekesh and Aanshul.
· Sounders kept losing wickets at regular intervals and at one stage were 47/6 before Sunil and Laks consolidated with some big hitting. The pair added 30+ runs to take Sounders over the 100 mark.
· Rajiv and CPR were the pick of the bowlers with 3 & 2 wickets respectively.
· OCC started well with Pradeep looking comfortable and hitting the balls all over the park until a dubious decision left OCC lose wickets in a heap that resulted in a collapse.
· OCC was looking down the barrel at 49/7 when Sanjay Rama and Kamesh Jayaraman played sensible cricket, put their heads down and guided Hurricanes to victory with one ball remaining. Aanshul played a crucial role scoring vital runs in the last two overs.
· Kamesh Jayaraman was declared the MoM for his all-round performance. Kamesh scored 22 runs and played Captain’s knock to see OCC through in a close finish.
Pacific Sounders: 101/10 in 19.4 overs
Batting Highlights – Sunil 24 of 15 balls; Laks 15 of 18 balls
Bowling Highlights – Rajiv Nandivada 3/14; CPR 2/13
Olympic Hurricanes: 102/8 in 19.5 Overs
Batting Highlights – Sanjay Rama 29*(35); Kamesh 22 (19); Pradeep 15 (18)
MS Bouncers register their first win with a victory over United Punjabis
United Punjabis started well with 24 runs in first 4 overs. Then Srini T coming as first change picked up a wicket in his first over. Srini bowled a dream first spell picking up 3 wickets in no time out of 4 wickets overall in the match. This spell broke the backbone of Punjabis batting lineup. On the other end with the help of tight fielding and good line and length bowling from Neeraj\John\Sairam\Vikrant bouncers kept the run rate low. They were ably supported by Bharath standing up to fast bowlers and kept really well. Not able to dash forward, at the end Punjabis were able to score only 100 runs in 20 overs. Excellent catching by Bouncers in the match.
Chasing 101 to win Bouncers started very well with opening pair of Vish and Anand scoring freely all over the ground. At one time bouncers were cruising along with 49 for no loss in 10 overs when Anand got run out in a mixup. In form batsman Siva joined Vish and started hitting the ball in the middle from the first ball. Things were looking good for Bouncers but then again a mixup resulted in another run out and score reading 60/2 with only eight overs left. At this time in form Vikrant joined Vish, once again Bouncers picked up the momentum, with Vish playing the main part in hitting big shots from time to time when required and Vikrant picking up singles and doubles at will. Vish played a gem of an inning scoring freely all around. His sixes were treat to watch, any bad ball was dispatched for a six. Bouncers finished the game in 18th over in a very clinical way.