Olympic Hurricanes chase down a mammoth 177 in 19.1 overs
Saturday May 12 2012Result: OCC Hurricanes won by 5 wickets
Seattle Patriots won the toss and elected to bat first on a Sunny Seattle Saturday
· Bunty and Harsh opened the innings and were going at run a ball, when Mahesh J got two wickets to peg the Seattle Patriots back.
· That brought Param and JJ to the crease, and they went after the bowling and put together a 60 run partnership of just 39 balls. Param was on the receiving end of some sloppy fielding by hurricanes.
· Lovekesh came into the attack and gave nothing away. He bowled a dream spell wherein he took 4/14 in his 4 overs. It was spectacular given that the Seattle Patriots scored 177 in their quota of 20 overs.
· Chasing 178, Pradeep and Radha opened the batting for OCC and gave a solid partnership of 48 runs of just 28 balls.
· After the openers fell in quick succession, Lovekesh and Kalyan continued to score at a fair clip and kept the required RR under control. Lovekesh fell after a 31 run partnership.
· Sanjay joined Kalyan in the middle which ended up being the match-turning partnership, wherein they scored 61 runs of 41 balls with just one boundary.
· With two quick wickets and a climbing run rate, Seattle were still the favorites, however, Rajiv and Mahesh T strung together a vital partnership of 37 runs in 16 balls to take OCC home with 5 balls remaining.
· Lovekesh Desai from OCC Hurricanes was adjudged the MOM for his brilliant spell and sensible batting chasing a big total.
Seattle Patriots: 177/8 in 20 overs
Batting Highlights – JJ 64 of 36 balls
Bowling Highlights – Lovekesh 4/14
Olympic Hurricanes: 179/5 in 19.1 Overs
Batting Highlights – Sanjay Rama 29 runs of 23 balls; Kalyan - 27 of 30 balls
Bowling Highlights – JJ - 2/26
Olympic Hurricanes defeat King County Kings by 25 runs
Sunday May 13 2012
Result: OCC Hurricanes won by 25 runs
MOM: Rajiv Nandivada from OCC-Hurricanes
· OCC elected to bat first after winning the toss. OCC had a bad start as they lost the first 4 wickets with not too many runs on the board.
· Kalyan and Pradeep started the recovery, where they had a quick 16 run partnership, but Pradeep got out to a great catch in the deep by Ano.
· Sanjay went in 5 down and stayed undefeated till the end and scored 41 runs in 31 balls.
· He had crucial partnerships with Kalyan, Pradeep, Mahesh T & Radha to put a good total on the board for OCC to defend. OCC ended up with 128/7 in 20 overs.
· Rajiv opened the bowling for OCC and had the KCC batsmen in a tangle. He picked 3 quick wickets to put KCC on the back foot.
· The OCC bowlers struck at regular intervals as Aanshul bowled a great spell to get two wickets with Radha and Lovekesh chipping in with a wicket each.
· Sanjeev and Laiq were then forced to rebuild the innings. And Sanjeev hit a few lusty blows late in the innings to make the game interesting. But Rajiv came back into the attack to clean him up and ended up picking 4 wickets.
· Sanjay bowled a tight spell to get two wickets when the game was about to get interesting. Chenchu bowled a crucial 19th over for just 3 runs.
· Rajiv as adjudged the MOM for his brilliant bowling.
Olympic Hurricanes: 128/7 in 20 overs
Batting Highlights – Sanjay Rama 41* of 31 balls
Bowling Highlights – Zohair 2/15
King County Kings: 102/10 in 19.4 Overs
Batting Highlights – Sanjeev 45 of 35 balls
Bowling Highlights – Rajiv Nandivada - 4/19
All-round performance by Naveen Kumar ensures MSCC Slashers finish T20 regular season 8-0
Saturday, May 12th, 2012
MSCC Slashers won by 69 runs
Magnusson Park, Seattle, WA
Toss won by MSCC Slashers
MSCC Slashers: 182 for 3 in 20 overs
Batting highlights: Naveen Kumar 73 (50), Aravindh Sundaragopalan 50* (41), Srinivasa Raghavan Santhanam 34* (14)
Bowling highlights: Gautam Reddy 1/23, Swayam Kar 1/24, Anurag Katre 1/40
Redmond Knights: 113 all out in 17.3 overs
Batting highlights: Venkata Phani 29* (25), Swayam Kar 20 (12)
Bowling highlights: Naveen Kumar 3/29, Rajesh Munshi 2/20
Man of the match: Naveen Kumar from MSCC Slashers
• Slashers had a poor start as Ashwin was bowled off the inside edge by SB, and after striking a boundary, Arun was also out caught at point by Rajiv off Gautam.
• Naveen and Aravindh began a slow recovery with the 50 coming in the 9th over. Although they decided to look for a run-a-ball from that point on, the runs came faster than even they expected. The next 50 came in just 5 overs. The third 50 came in only 4 overs! Naveen peppered every corner of the ground with some glorious shots, the pick of which was a huge six over long-off, off the quickest opposition bowler, that sailed 15-20 yards beyond the boundary. Aravindh kept him good company running well-judged singles initially, but opening up later on to hit a few big sixes over square-leg, and also one lofted over cover-point.
• Naveen was out in the 17th over, but there was no respite as the skipper Srinivasa Raghavan smashed 15 and 19 off the last 2 overs. Slashers finished with an imposing 182 in their 20 overs.
• When Redmond batted, Munshi got Mahesh bowled in the 2nd over. Phani hit a 6 and a 4 in the 3rd over, while Samarth got Ricardo bowled in the 4th over. Phani holed out to Naveen Kumar off Srini off the first ball of the 5th over. Naveen could do no wrong. He bowled the 7th over, in which there were 3 wickets, one bowled, one brilliantly stumped by Deepak off a leg-side wide, and one run-out by Ashwin. When Munshi got Anurag bowled off the first ball of the 8th over, Redmond Knights’ innings was in tatters at 39/7. Venkata Phani batted solidly to lend respectability to the innings. He added 18 in the company of Ranjit, and 32 in under 4 overs, in a hard-hitting partnership with SB, before the latter was bowled by Arvind Krishnan. Rajeev Massand had the last batsman Gautam caught by Srinivasa Raghavan in the deep to seal a comprehensive 69-run win for Slashers, who finished the T20 regular season 8-0.
MS Doosras vs United Punjabis
Saturday, May 13, 2012
Match: MS Doosras won by 59 runs to qualify for the semi-finals
Toss won by MS Doosras who elected to bat
Marymoor Park, Redmond
MS Doosras: 143 for 3 in 20 overs
Batting highlights: Avinash U 53(35), Keshav P 51(45)
Bowling highlights: Mubarak Ali 1/17, Sukhjeet 1/21
Pacific Sounders: 84 for 10 in 17.2 overs
Batting highlights: Rizwan Ali 45(43), Ramandeep 19(30)
Bowling highlights: Rohit Mane 3/10, Saurabh V 3/11
· MS Doosras won the toss and elected to bat in their last league game. Keshav and Avinash opened the batting for MS Doosras and gave a blazing start to put up an 88 run partnership. Both batsmen hit some brilliant shots all around the ground. Avinash retired in the 10th over at 53 runs which included 3 sixes and 2 fours.
· Saurabh came in next and kept the scoreboard ticking by taking singles and giving strike to Keshav. Keshav hit a magnificent six over covers before getting out at 51 in the 15th over. His innings included 3 sixes and 2 fours.
· Saurabh, Vijay and Srikant all chipped in few runs in the end to get to the final total of 143 for 3 in 20 overs.
· Rizwan Ali and Jus Rai opened the batting for United Punjabis. Jus got out in the first over to Srikant when the ball caught the top edge of bat, went up and then rolled on to the stumps. Saurabh bowled a brilliant second over to get 2 more of the top order batsmen bowled out. Losing 3 batsmen in the first 2 overs was a big setback for United Punjabis.
· Rizwan Ali and Ramandeep played cautiously for the next few overs and put up a good partnership of 54 runs. Saurabh returned for his second spell in the 13th over and got the wicket of Ramandeep, stumped by Sanjay. Rizwan tried to keep the score ticking but failed to get a partnership going as wickets kept falling on the other end. He played some brilliant shots over mid-wicket including a six.
· Rohit Mane bowled a very good spell to take 3 wickets in 2 overs including the wicket of Rizwan who was stumped brilliantly by Sanjay. Vijay got the last batsman out and United Punjabis were all out for 84 in the 18th over.
· MS Doosras secured a spot in the semi-finals with this win.
MS Bouncers win against Seattle Patriots
Batting first, the Bouncers were immediately on the back foot as they lost 2 wickets for 9 runs within the first 3 overs. Siva and Vikrant were to build a 25 runs partnership but the Patriots bowled in the right areas consistently and got both out for less than 20. Neeraj and Vik then did another 30 runs partnership and once again both got out while trying to up the ante. Then Srini contributed quick fire 15 runs ably supported by Akshaya, John and the Bouncers reached 108 in their 20 overs. Patriots would have backed themselves to chase down the target but the Bouncers had other ideas. Akshay and Vikrant kept the Bouncers in the game by giving only 20 runs in the 7 overs they bowled. They kept hitting the right spots, with Akshay picking up the opener. Vikrant bowled a ferocious maiden with some really quick balls checking helmet, shoulders and knees of batsman, a rare sight in a T20 encounter. With Alok still in the middle, the Patriots were still the favorites but he fell at a crucial stage for a quick fire 30 as John took a well-judged catch at long-on off Neeraj’s bowling. Wickets fell at regular intervals after that as Niyantha took 3 wickets in his 4 over spell. Sairam closed out the game with some excellent bowling. He was quick, sharp and on target as he took 3 wickets in just 2.2 overs for 8 runs, and was deservedly the Man of the Match. It was a good win for the Bouncers – they didn’t let their less than ideal batting display deter them as they swung the game their way on the back of a solid bowling effort.
MS Bouncers register another win
On a bright sunny afternoon, Bouncers won the toss and decided to set the target.
•Sandeep and Anand opened the batting for Bouncers. Both looking in good touch before Sandeep edged one to the keeper with score at 16.
•Siva (16) walked in and continued his good form but soon both Anand (17) and him were gone with the score at 56/3 in 9th over.
•That brought Bharath and Neeraj together for most productive partnership of the innings (59 runs of 44 balls).
•Bharath was in ominous mood taking 20+ runs in one over hitting all over the park. Bharath finally got out in 16th over scoring 43 of 35 balls.
•Vikrant and Vikram provided good support for Neeraj (32 of 29 balls) and bouncers scored 148 runs, their highest total of season,
•Akshay and Vikrant opened the bowling and started hitting the right length making it hard for sounders openers.
•Akshay cleaned up Sanjeev and soon got Rahul caught behind while Vikrant bowled a very tight line on other end.
•Laks (30 in 22 balls) and Anand (38 in 44 balls) settled in and started scoring at a decent run rate helped by a couple of dropped catches. John being the unlucky bowler on both occasions.
•Niyantha and Siva then partnered not just bowling tight but also in fielding getting a couple of run outs each and a brilliant catch each. In the process they also choked the sounders run rate.
•Vibhu (19 in 11 balls) hit a couple of lusty blows before Neeraj cleaned him up. With 20+ runs required off last over, it was too much for the sounders tail and were all out on the last ball scoring 130 runs
•Bharath was declared the man of match for his aggressive batting.
Redmond Knights Vs United Punjabis
Sun May 13 11:00 AM
Match - Tukwilla
Redmond Knights - 148/9 in 20 overs
United Punjabis - 139/10 in 19.4 overs