All round effort from Shrikanth puts MS Doosras into T20 finals
MS Doosras vs Olympic Hurricanes, played at St Edwards Park, Bothell
Saturday, May 19, 2012
Result: MS Doosras won by 24 runs
Doosras gave a confident start after winning the toss and choosing to bat. Both openers Keshav and Shrikanth were in top form scoring runs right away giving no chance to Olympic.
Radha, with his quick pace was able to get his team a much desired first wicket but not before score was 86. Keshav scored 47 of just 42 balls. Next came Saurabh who was in hitting right from the word go but could not stay longer. Saurabh scored 14 of just 5 balls.
Shrikanth was comfortable playing for 1s and 2s and smashing any bad ball whereas wickets kept on falling on the other end. It was 20th over that Shrikanth reached his much deserved 50 run mark who batted almost all the inning and taking his team to a comfortable score of 152 runs. Radha bowled very well controlling his pace for 3 wickets.
OCC had a quiet start making sure they don’t give away any wicket. Pradeep who hit some good shots was out bowled by Vijay in the 6th over. Saurabh, as his reputation, bowled a very tight spell taking important wickets and making sure that no easy runs are given. Required run rate was piling up and all pressure was on middle order of Olympics. Other spinner in the side, Nikhil Patel joined Saurabh bowling tight line and length.
Each of the Olympic batsmen got a start scoring 15-20 runs with a few good hits. But a total of 152 against a tight bowling attack proved too much to chase. Shrikanth reached his best bowling figure this season taking 4 wickets for just 12 runs in his 4 overs. He also held a good catch to dismiss Sanjay, earning a well-deserved Man of the Match for his efforts.
MS Doosras: 152 for 6 in 20 overs
Batting highlights: Shrikanth 50(53), Keshav 47(42)
Bowling highlights: Radha 4-0-29-3
Olympic Hurricanes: 128/9 in 20 overs
Batting highlights: Pradeep 22(16), Lovekesh 22(26), Kalyan 21(21)
Bowling highlights: Shrikanth 4-0-12-4, Rohit 3-0-32-2, Saurabh 4-0-18-2
MSCC Slashers trounce King County to enter Navaal Ramdin Div 1 Final
Saturday, May 19th, 2012
MSCC Slashers won by 106 wickets
Marymoor Park, Redmond, WA
Toss won by King County
MSCC Slashers: 152 for 7 in 20 overs
Batting highlights: Arun Jayakeerthy 59 (52), Ashwin Karuhatty 20 (19)
Bowling highlights: Viraj Desai 2/15, Zuhair Hussain 1/19
King County: 46 all out in 12.2 overs
Batting highlights: Sanjeev Kumar 12 (17), Javed Mahtab 11 (12)
Bowling highlights: Raghu Kanchikeri 4/15, Rajesh Munshi 2/6
Man of the match: Arun Jayakeerthy and Raghu Kanchikeri from MSCC Slashers
• The duo of Arun and Ashwin started aggressively for Slashers, aided by several dropped chances. They put on 74 in under 10 overs, with Arun doing the bulk of the scoring, before Ashwin was out. Arun hit 4 fours and a six in his 59. The rest of the Slashers batsmen tried to keep the 7.5+ run-rate going, with Srini slamming a couple of boundaries, and Aravindh a four and a six.
• Viraj Desai was exceptional in the field for King County with 2 wickets, 2 run-outs, and Arun's catch.
• Deepak blasted 2 fours at the end of the innings to take the total over 150.
• King County's innings never really got going, once Omair was brilliantly caught by Nishant, diving forward on the 30 yard line, and taking a flat hit, just inches from the ground. The top order crumbled to Raghu's shrewd changes of flight, speed, and length. Javed, Nikhil, and Viraj all tried to hit out, and were caught in the deep. Praveen was run-out by Arun attempting a tight second run. Srini yorked Ano.
• The tail didn't last long either, and King County were all out for 46. Slashers caught brilliantly in the deep, led by skipper Srinivasa Raghavan, Aravindh Sundaragopalan, and Nishant Issar, each with two catches. Naveen Kumar held one.
MSCC Slashers' perfect 10 results in Championship
Sunday, May 20th, 2012
MSCC Slashers won by 37 runs
MSCC Slashers: 155 for 6 in 20 overs
Batting highlights: Naveen Kumar 80 (57), Srinivasa Raghavan 23 (16), Raghu Kanchikeri 17 (14)
Bowling highlights: Rohit Mahale 2/27, Vijay Beniwal 1/13, Saurabh Verma 1/16
MSCC Doosras: 118 all out in 18.1 overs
Batting highlights: Vijay Beniwal 38 (37), Ravi Bhayankaram 29 (17)
Bowling highlights: Naveen Kumar 4/22, Raghu Kanchikeri 1/15, Srinivasa Raghavan 1/16
Man of the match: Naveen Kumar from MSCC Slashers
• Match was played in a constant downpour. Ashwin was caught early by Avinash off Vijay. Naveen and TJ were extremely circumspect against excellent bowling from Vijay. Naveen's initial assault came on Thomas, with a huge six over point, and a boundary wide of long-on. The last ball of Vijay's spell was sliced over deep cover. Keshav got a hand to it on the boundary's edge, but it went for six, and cut his hand badly in the process. Keshav had to go to the hospital for stitches, and it was a huge blow to Doosras.
• Naveen carried merrily along, greeting Ravi's first ball with another huge six over cover, a good 20-30 yards beyond the boundary. Ravi however came back well, and had Naveen dropped behind the wicket. Saurabh's spell was marked with typical guile and control.
• It was however Naveen's day, as he reached 50 with the total only on 63, including 7 extras! Saurabh got Arun, Nikhil got Nishant, but Naveen found a good, intelligent runner for company in Raghu. He hit a six over extra-cover off Nikhil, but was finally dismissed LBW for 80 by Rohit, attempting a reverse slog over point!
• Srini provided the finishing touches to the innings with a 6 and a four in his 23, made off just 16 balls.
• Nikhil hit the first ball of the Doosras innings for four, but was soon out to a brilliant catch by Deepak behind the stumps, diving parallel to the ground, in front of first slip, off a quick delivery from Srini. Thames was caught by Srini at short extra-cover off Naveen, and the Deepak Rajendran show continued as - for the 3rd time this season - he stumped a batsman off a leg-side wide from Naveen! This time it wasn't just any batsman... it was Srikanth!
• Saurabh was caught at deep midwicket off a full-toss from Raghu. Avinash was run-out chancing his luck to Raghu at mid-off. Naveen couldn't be left out of the game however. As he got Sanjay Tiku (caught brilliantly by Rajesh Munshi at point!) and Rohit Mahale (again stumped by Deepak!), the Doosras innings was in a shambles at 45/7 in 12 overs.
• Vijay and Ravi added 67 in 5 overs, largely through 2 consecutive overs of delirious hitting off Samarth and Munshi, that fetched 20 and 28 respectively. But it was too little too late. Munshi had Ravi caught at short thirdman by Nishant, and when Samarth got Vijay out slicing a catch to Raghu at deep cover, Slashers had gone 10-0 to win the championship.
• There was no question as to who was Man of the Match, with 80 (57) and 4 wickets. Naveen Kumar.