Microsoft Spartans prevail in a tight game against Bellevue Rockers
Saturday April 6th 2013
Microsoft Spartans won by 10 runs
Marymoor Park, Redmond WA
Toss won by MSCC Spartans and elected to bat
Microsoft Spartans: 116/4 in 20 overs
Batting highlights for Microsoft Spartans: Sairam Kandabhattu 33 not out (44), Ashwin Karuhatty 26 (28), Raghu Kanchikeri 21 not out (21)
Bowling highlights for Bellevue Rockers: Deepak Munjal 4 overs – 16 runs – 2 wickets, Karthik Tenneti 3 overs- 12 runs - 1 wicket
Bellevue Rockers: 106/4 in 20 overs
Batting highlights: Aniruddha Daptardar 27 not out (35), Bhushan Rane 17 not out (17)
Bowling highlights: Samarth Shah 4 overs – 11 runs – 2 wickets, Arul Sekar 1 over – 4 runs – 1 wicket, Rajesh Munshi – 3 overs – 18 runs – 1 wicket
Man of the match: Sairam Kandabhattu for holding together Spartan’s batting and top scoring with 33 runs at a brisk pace on a difficult wet wicket
Other Notables Spartans batting
· MS Spartans opened with Samarth and Vish Rajput and started cautiously scoring at 4 runs per over in the first over and helped by Bhushan Rane being way ward in his bowling.
· Deepak Munjal struck in his second over, by picking up both Samarth and Faisal in a span of 3 balls leaving Microsoft Spartans tottering at 13/2 at the end of 3 overs.
· Vish Rajput and Ashwin then rotated strike and played cautiously and pushed the scoreboard to 32 runs before Vish Rajput hold out to mid-on by attempting to play one pull too many. Spartans were in trouble at 32/3 at the end of 7 overs.
· Ashwin and Sairam then stuck together a 30 run partnership. Sairam started cautiously and Ashwin was rotating strike beautifully by getting 1s and 2s almost of every ball. Ashwin then hold out to mid-on checking his shot and got out for a well-constructed 26 runs.
· Raghu started rotating strike immediately and Sairam started opening out with a huge six over deep square leg.
· Raghu and Sairam batted beautifully in the final overs and put together 54 runs in the last 7 overs and Spartans had a respectable total of 116 runs to defend.
· Deepak and Karthik were pick of the bowlers for Bellevue rockers with both going at 4 runs per over and picking 2 wickets and 1 wicket respectively.
Bellevue Rockers batting
· Bharath and Sachin Trivedi opened the batting for Bellevue rockers and they started positively to put 26 runs on the board in 5 overs. MS Spartans were wayward in the initial overs by giving away 7 extras in the first 5 overs.
· Samarth Shah was brought into the attack and he immediately cleaned up Sachin Trivedi and Bharath was retired hurt hooking the ball from Ravi.
· Samarth was miserly in his 3 overs he bowled between 7th and 11th over and he brought MS Spartans right back into the game by restricting them to 43 runs in 11 overs, there by pushing the required rate to 8 runs per over.
· Aniruddha and Bhushan Rane was batting well for Bellevue rockers and they were scoring at 6 runs per over trying to take the game closer to the last few overs.
· Munshi continued the good work left off by Samarth and finished with 3 overs 18 runs for 1 wicket. Arul and Srinivasan Turuvekere both bowled an over each and they went under 6 runs per over.
· Aniruddha top scored with 27 runs for Bellevue rockets with good support from Bhushan Rane for 17 runs. However they fell short by 10 runs due to some good bowling in death by Vineeth, Samarth and Raghu
Redmond Knights beat King County Kings in their first match
On a overcast day with strong cold winds, we lost the toss and surprisingly were asked to bat first by King County team.
We lost a wicket in the first over. Vinit was promoted to bat one down and he scored a quick 28 and was out in seventh over. Nilesh batted carefully with Anub and kept the score ticking. They ran hard and took few quick singles and punished the bad balls. Knights lost 2 wickets in quick succession and Phani joined Nilesh in middle. They had a steady partnership and scored freely and scored around 90+ runs in the last 7 overs to take Knights to 176 at the end of 20 overs.
King County Kings started their chase well by scoring 18 runs in the first over. Abhishek picked first wicket in his first over and brought the scoring rate down. However Abdullah was very aggresive and started scoring freely. In no time he completed his 50 and were 80 odd runs in 10 overs. Anub and Ranjeet bowled very good line and KCC lost wickets as the asking runrate was going up. Kings were eventually all out for 159 in 20th over.
A good convincing win for Knights. Nilesh for his innings of 81 runs and good work behind the wickets with one catch was adjudged MOM.