Bellevue Rockers Beat Power packed King County Kings in thrilling Super Over
Bellevue Rockers won toss and elected to BAT first
Bellevue Rockers: 78/10
Batting Highlights: Prabodh Kommidi 19 (11balls 1x6;1x4); Sachin Trivedi 15(24balls )
Bowling Highlights: Adnan Sheikh 3.5-0-16-3; Zuhair Hussain 4-0-17-3
King County Kings:78/10
Batting Highlights: Khalil Rehman 17(19 balls 1x6; 2x4); Omer Malik 11(21balls 2x4)
Bowling Highlights: Rajesh Koneti (MOM) 3.3-0-13-4; Deepak Munjal 4-0-29-2
1 Over Eliminator (SUPER OVER)
Kings were confident in super over as they already hit more sixes then Rockers and their big hitters Omair Ahmad and Param Kaler started as Rehman as their 3rd batsman.
Rockers used their death overs specialist as Super over bolwer.
Ball 1: BOWLED; Omair played cross for a slog and got bowled Rockers were on top; Rehman is the new man; 0/1
Ball 2: DOT ball; Superb Outswinger ; 0/1
Ball 3: Single; 1/1
Ball 4: FOUR; Param timed very well of a good length ball; Superb dive on log on boundary by Deepak, just inches short of a very difficult catch… Deepak made it as a Chance by diving full length.. ;5/1
Ball 5: BOWLED EXCELLET Over by Bhushan Rane ; 5/2
Rockers batsman: Prabodh Kommidi, Bharath Ram and Rajesh Koneti & Kings bowler: Omer Malik
Ball 1: 2 runs ; Superb Yorker by Omer and Probodh played very late and miss field by third man that allowed double; 2/0
Ball 2: 2 runs; Driven over covers by Prabodh; 4/0
Ball 3: FOUR ; Prabodh stepped out, took it on the full and driven over the bowler to straight four; 8/0
Rockers held the nerve and clinched a thrilling win
MoM: Rajesh Koneti for his good bowling and important 4 wickets under pressure
Redmond Knights cruise to their second consecutive victory
Redmond Knights won the toss and elected to bat first. Varun and Rajiv opened the Knights innings however the start was not as expected. They lost 3 wickets in quick session with 20 odd runs in 5 overs. Varun was batting very well with no support from the other end. Ranjit too lost his wicket, was bowled by Akash. Anub joined Varun and they kept the scoreboard ticking without taking any risks. They ran hard as boundaries were hard to come, very heavy and wet outfield. Varun was totally exhausted with no energy to continue. Nilesh, Ganesh and Vinit did not trouble the scorer much. They were out in quick succession. Anub got good support from Mahesh and they played till the end without loosing their wickets. They scored quickly to take Knights to 126 at the end of 20 overs. Anub remained not out (44) and Varun retired hurt 46.
Rainier started their innings cautiously against some tight bowling by Pravin and Phani. Sherry and Amit were lost thier wickets to swinging deliveries from Pravin. Gaurav and Talib started building a partnesrship but a bowling change worked for Knights. Gaurav edged to keeper of Vinit's bowling. Vinit and Anub bowled very well and did not gave any loose balls to hit. The asking rate for Rainiers was climbing up. Talib and Sandeep scored some quick runs however both of them got out to Ranjeet in effort of scoring fast. Rainier required 18 of last 2 overs but managed to score only 17 and the match was tied. Good bowling by Vinit in last over.
The match went in super over. Vinit was asked to bowl super over for knights. He conceeded 9 runs grabbing 2 wickets. A huge six over long on by Tarun. Nilesh and Anub went in and scored required 10 runs in 4 balls with no twist and secured a good win for Knights.
Overall a very exiting match and players from both teams enjoyed it thoroughly.
Microsoft Cowboys secure their first win by beating Microsoft Spartans comfortably
MS Cowboys vs MS Spartans
Saturday, APR 13, 2013
Match: MS cowboys won by 49 runs
Good batting efforts from Saurabh / Deepak created a good win for MS Cowboys
- Cowboys had a confident start after losing the toss and elected to bat by Spartans in first four overs. Both openers Srikanth and Avinash got out to Vijay and followed by Arun and Rahul cheap dismissals.
- This cause Cowboys four wickets down for 39 . After that Saurabh/Deepak had very good partnership and both of them played some excellent shots on wet outfield, specially Saurabh was at his best in accumulation of runs
- Cowboys finish their innings on 130/5 and Saurabh was not out on 58 but on Deepak got run out on last ball. Vijay and Samarth both took 2 wickets from Spartans side.
- Shiva and Ashwin started Spartan innings confidently but Ashwin got caught while trying to hit a full length delivery of praveen
- After first wicket fall none of Spartan batsman were able to score freely against Cowboys bowling- Spartans team got all out on 81 in 19th over
- Aseem Datar bowled a tight spell and took 3 wickets, Praveen, Srini, Saurabh and Asrar all grab one wicket each
- Saurabh, earned a well-deserved ManOfTheMatch for his excellent batting efforts.
MS Cowboy: 130 for 5 in 20 overs
Batting highlights: Saurabh 58(45), Deepak 29(39)
Bowling highlights: vijay 4-0-21-2, Samarth 4-0-18-2
MS Spartan: 81/10 in 19.2 overs
Batting highlights: Shiva Vasanth 28(42)
Bowling highlights: Aseem Datar 4-0-17-3