Microsoft Spartans beat King County Kings to make it a perfect 2-0 weekend
Saturday April 21st 2013
Microsoft Spartans won by 54 runs
Marymoor Park, Redmond WAToss won by MSCC Spartans and elected to bat
Microsoft Spartans: 132 for 6 in 20 Overs
Batting highlights for Microsoft Spartans: Nishant Issar 30 (20), Vish Rajput 27 (35), Raghu Kanchikeri 21(12)
Bowling highlights for King County Kings: Abdullah K – 5/24
King County Kings: 78 All Out in 20 overs
Batting highlights: Anas Munir 19 (23), Adnan Sheikh 22(37)
Bowling highlights: Raghu Kanchikeri – 4 overs – 21 runs – 3 wickets
Man of the match: Raghu Kanchikeri for quick 21 runs and 3 wickets.
MS Spartans Batting:
· MS Spartans openers started off well to see off the new ball scoring at 5 runs per over. Some poor fielding and catch drops by King County players helped with the decent start as well.
· Ashwin was claimed by Anas in the midst of an awesome spell. His figures would have been better if not for some dropped chances.
· Nishanth, known for his pathan power got in the middle and scored a rapid 30 of 20 balls. He cleared the boundary by great yards even though the ball was heavy and wet.
· Vish supported well however finally was dismissed by Abdullah. Vijay and Naveen were also cleaned up by Abdullah leaving him on a hatrick chance when he got Naveen out.
· Raghu then accelerated with Faisal and Ravi to help Spartans reach a respectable score. Raghu made decent 21 runs while Faisal and Ravi gathers 15 and 11 runs respectively.
· On a wet soggy day with unfavorable batting conditions Spartans had posted a competitive score of 132 runs. King County Kings Batting:
· King County had a poor start with Omair getting bowled in the first over. Akshay bowled a consistent line and length to put pressure upfront on the batsmen.
· The very next over Saad decided to take on Naveen’s arm when he drove to mid-off and tried to sneak a single. A direct him from Naveen sent him back to the pavilion. King County in desperate measures lost another wicket of in-form batsman Abdullah in the very next ball when Ravi got him plumb in front of the wicket.
· Anas and Adnan got a much needed partnership going and added 40 runs of the next 50 balls.
· Vijay got Anas well caught by Naveen at covers with his very first delivery of the match. Raghu then cleaned up Naseer for no score added.
· Then in the 13th over Raghu got dangerous Adnan and Khurshid to leave King county at 63 for 7.
· Shehzad was brilliantly run out by a direct hit from Vish and Samarth got the last wicket to end the King County innings.
Microsoft Spartans secure comfortable victory against Redmond Knights
Saturday April 20th 2013
Microsoft Spartans won by 9 wicketsTukwila, WA
Toss won by Redmond Knights who elected to bat
Redmond Knights: 113 All Out in 20 overs
Batting highlights: Rajiv Binwade 25(33), Phani Chitneni 40(29)
Bowling highlights: Ravi Bhayankaram 4/26, Naveen Kumar 3/20
Microsoft Spartans: 117 for 1 in 18.5 Overs
Batting highlights for Microsoft Spartans: Naveen Kumar 57*(60), Faisal Awan 31 (33), Ashwin Karuhatty 15 (20)
Bowling highlights for Redmond Knights: Anub Unnikrishnan – 1/11Man of the match: Ravi Bhayankaram for decisive spell of 4/26 and a brilliant run out.
Redmond Knights Batting:
· Redmond Knights had a disastrous start with Ravi bagging 2 wickets in the very first over of the game.
· With Rajiv scoring freely on the other end wickets were falling freely on the other. Ravi bagged Alok clean bowled at the score of 24/3.
· Ravi also bowled Anub soon after with Redmond knights struggling at 28/4.
· Rajiv and Phani then did some damage control with aggression and scored 54 runs of just 41 balls.
· Phani holed out on Naveen’s bowling while trying one to many maximums, a brilliant catch running backward by Vineeth got Spartans back in the game. At that time the score was 82/5 with 9 more over to go.
· Naveen bagged two more wickets from there on and Raghu got one. Ravi got a brilliant run out.
· Redmond Knights were restricted to 113 all out.MS Spartans Batting:
· MS Spartans openers Ashwin and Naveen started off well with some caution and aggression mixed.
· Ashwin and Naveen secured a 50 run partnership in just 8 overs and were cruising at that time.
· Anub got Ashwin out with MS Spartans at 51/1 in 8.5 overs.
· Faisal then walked in and played with caution as the rain was falling and making the wicket skiddish.
· Phani, Anub and Ranjit bowled well to get back into the game.
· With about 50 runs of 48 balls an 9 wickets remaining Spartans were still in command.
· Naveen then rotated the strike well with Faisal and with help of 4 maximums by Naveen Spartans secured the victory.
· Naveen stayed unbeaten on 57 and Faisal made well deserved 31 runs.