MS Cowboys vs Olympic Hurricanes (semi-final) Saturday, May 18, 2013
Match Result: MS Cowboys won by 7 wickets to qualify for the finals
Toss won by Olympic Hurricanes who elected to bat
Marymoor Park, Redmond
Olympic Hurricanes: 53 for 10 in 16.2 overs
Batting highlights: Nitin 24(37)
Bowling highlights: Arun TJ 3/9, Rohit Mane 2/15 MS Cowboys: 57 for 3 in 12.3 overs
Batting highlights: Avinash U 30(40), Saurabh V 17(15)
Bowling highlights: Rajiv Nandivada 2/17
Other notables:· Olympic Hurricanes won the toss and elected to bat in the first semi-final game of Division A. Lovekesh and Anand opened the batting for them. On the first ball of the 3rd over, Rohit got Anand out lbw. Sanjay came in next but his inning was short-lived when on the next ball itself he was clean bowled. An in-swinger from Rohit which was well-left by Sanjay, started way outside off and swung in to take out the off-stump.
· In the 4th over, Arun TJ struck the wicket of the other opener Lovekesh when he tried to pull but got the top edge and the ball landed into the hands of Srini. Arun got 2 more wickets in his next 2 overs and the score stood at 25/5 at the end of 8 overs.
· The Olympic batsmen were now struggling to put up a big total with 5 of their top order batsmen out. Nitin batted well to keep the scoreboard ticking, but failed to establish partnerships as wickets fell on the other end. Saurabh, Rahul and Srini bowled equally well to pick up wickets and restrict Olympic Hurricanes to a total of 53.
· Srikanth and Avinash opened the batting for MS Cowboys. Srikanth hit a glorious boundary over mid-off in the first over to Rajiv, but got out in the same over when he tried to guide the ball to 3rd man and landed in the slips.· MS Cowboys lost 2 more wickets without making much damage and the score stood at 21/3 at the end of 7 overs. Olympic Hurricanes fought hard to turn the tables but failed to apply much pressure as there wasn’t a huge score to defend.
· Avinash and Saurabh then played cautiously initially to establish a good partnership. Once set-in, they started playing their shots and took to the bowlers. With only 3 runs required to win, Avinash hit a huge six over long-on to finish the match and lead the MS Cowboys to victory.
· MS Cowboys advanced to the Division A finals with this win.